Borrowing and Returning Traps
- To borrow humane traps, please contact Voices for Animals’ trap loan coordinator Heather Clark at 434-964-3314 or email email@example.com. If you live in Louisa County, you may also borrow traps from the Louisa County Animal Shelter at 17 Sacred Heart Drive in Mineral; call 540-894-4219 or 540-894-0870 to reserve traps.
- There is a $50 deposit per trap. You may leave a check for the deposit, which we will return to you (uncashed) when you return the traps.
- Traps may not be loaned to third parties or used for any purpose other than to humanely trap feral unowned cats for sterilization and vaccinations.
- We have a limited number of traps, so please return traps as soon as possible. If you must take a break in trapping, please return traps at the earliest possible date so others may use them, and you can make arrangements to borrow them again at a later date.
- If you accidentally trap a wild animal, you must release the animal in the same location where he/she was trapped. Many wild animals cannot survive relocation and may have young babies who will die if the animal is relocated. Please respect our wildlife and their right to live. There are numerous effective and humane methods for dealing with “nuisance” wildlife without harming or relocating the animals; visit this site for solving wildlife problems. http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/resources/solving_problems_wildlife.html for detailed instructions and advice.
- Please read our humane trapping guidelines.
- To return traps, please contact Heather Clark at 434-964-3314 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. [If you borrowed traps from the Louisa County Animal Shelter, please return them there during shelter open hours.]
- Please do not return traps to the Charlottesville-Albemarle SPCA, since our traps are purchased separately);
- Please clean traps thoroughly before you return them. Our volunteers, who give their time freely to keep our life-saving program going, will greatly appreciate it.